How We’re Making a Difference
At the end of 2017 and during the first half of 2018, The American Dream hit the road again en route to the 2018 World Cup in Russia. We’re driving from Los Angeles, California, to Moscow and St. Petersburg, Russia. Along the way, we shared the joy and power of soccer by visiting organizations, schools, orphanages, etc. and donating ultra-durable One World Futbols for the children with which they work — similar to what we did leading up to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Through this campaign, we’re raising ultra-durable One World Futbols, soccer balls that never need a pump and never go flat, to give to disadvantaged communities along our journey. One World Futbols will last much longer than standard soccer balls — which typically last hours or days before breaking — and will allow children to play as long as they want.
Through this campaign, we raised more than 24 One World Futbols.
Check out the stories below for more info about The American Dream: Road 2 Russia campaign:
- Part 1: Driving to the 2014 World Cup, sharing the power of play en route
- Part 2: Donating One World Futbols in Medellín, Colombia
- Part 3: Ride along with Jeremie Brillant in this 2014 World Cup road trip documentary
- Part 4: Rocky roads, street dogs and years of play: soccer balls made to survive
- Part 5: Where will Jeremie Brillant drive and donate soccer balls next?