Juggle Balls, Juggle Balls: Give the Gift of Play to San Francisco’s Homeless Youth with One World Play Project, The Chai Cart and Children of Shelters
San Francisco, CA —#GivingTuesday, December 2, 2014—Juggle Balls, Juggle Balls, Juggle all the way to play! This holiday season, we all have a lot to juggle. One World Play Project will help bring some levity and joy into one of the most stressful times of the year by reminding us all of the true spirit of holiday giving.
What: On Black Friday, One World Play Project and The Chai Cart have teamed up to raise ball donations of ultra-durable One World Futbols through the "Give the Gift of Play" campaign to benefit Children of Shelters, a San Francisco non-profit whose mission is to break the cycle of homelessness for children by creating opportunities and providing educational funding.
- All donations of One World Futbols raised will go to programs and shelters supported by Children of Shelters, which serves more than 400 homeless youth annually.
- The One World Futbols will be distributed through Children of Shelters directly to programs serving homeless youth living in five local shelters.
- The One World Futbol is an ultra-durable ball that never needs a pump and never goes flat--even when punctured. It was designed for sustained use in the harshest environments where a traditional inflated ball is often destroyed within days or weeks.
How to Participate: Simply purchase One World Futbols through the “Give the Gift of Play” campaign at oneworldplayproject.com/campaign/gift-of-play, and your purchase of a One World Futbol will help bring the power of play to some of the 2500 homeless children currently living in San Francisco. This online campaign will run through the 2014 holiday season. The balls are sold through our Buy One,Give One program ($39.50 for blue One World Futbols and $44.50 for the new pop color One World Futbols) — or you can simply give a ball directly to the campaign for $25 through our Give One program.
Visuals & Images: On Black Friday, One World Play Project Holiday Jugglers invited shoppers at the Chai Cart on Market Street and in Union Square to stop by and play with us, have a free hot cup of chai and make a “purchase with a purpose” by giving the gift of play to friends, family, colleagues—and youth in San Francisco who need it most. Visuals include:
- Ball jugglers in Union Square and on Market Street during Black Friday
- Sound bites about the Gift of Play Campaign from One World Play Project and The Chai Cart
NOTE: Interviews, images and B-roll are available by contacting Jennifer Hwang and Dana Young, firstname.lastname@example.org