One World Play Project Launches Campaign to “Make Life PlayFull”
One World Play Project Launches Campaign to
"Make Life PlayFull"
Campaign Brings the Power of Play to Kids Around the World
August 23, 2016 - Berkeley, CA - Camping trips, pool parties, beach vacations and sleepovers—summer may be coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean we should stop playing. Research shows that play is critical to the healthy physical, social and emotional development of adults and children, especially those living in disadvantaged communities. Unfortunately, as recess, music, sports and art programs are cut, opportunities for play are slowly disappearing—and in some communities, they never existed.
To help combat this play deprivation, One World Play Project today launched the "Make Life PlayFull" campaign (MakeLifePlayFull.com). Make Life PlayFull enables individuals to help bring the power of play to youth around the world through donations of ultra-durable One World Futbols. The specially-designed One World Futbol never needs pumping up and never goes flat, even when punctured multiple times, making it ideal for urban environments, remote villages and harsh environments—as well as turf, sand, grassy fields and backyards!
Ball donations generated during the campaign will support three nonprofit partners using play and sport to empower youth across the globe:
- Playworks, the leading national U.S. nonprofit leveraging the power of play to transform children’s social and emotional health.
- Futbol por la Paz, a grassroots organization in Mexico dedicated to spreading play to rural, underprivileged children.
- Coaches Across Continents, which uses sport and play as a vehicle to create Self-Directed Learners, who can identify, address and solve problems specific to their communities.
Get Play and Give Play
Join One World Play Project in helping make life full of play for yourself and others, especially those who have fewer play opportunities and resources. People can support the campaign by visiting MakeLifePlayFull.com to:
- Give Balls: Give a One World Futbol for $25 USD directly to our Make Life PlayFull partner organizations.
- Buy One, Give One: Get a ball for $39.50 or $44.50 USD, and we’ll give a second ball to our partners.
- Start a Campaign: Start a Make Life PlayFull campaign and encourage family, friends and others to give a ball (or more).
- Support The Ball for President: Yes, the One World Futbol is running for President on the Make Life PlayFull platform. Learn more at MakeLifePlayFull.com/TheBall2016 and give funds to support The Ball 2016 campaign and our three partner organizations.
All ball donations raised through the Make Life PlayFull campaign will be divided between the partners. Individuals can also give ball donations directly to a Make Life PlayFull campaign partner through the Coaches Across Continents, Futbol por La Paz or Playworks campaign pages.
“While we haven’t yet figured out how to create world peace and end world hunger, it’s possible that a child to whom we give a ball will.” ~Tim Jahnigen, founder and chief innovation officer of One World Play Project.
About One World Play Project
One World Play Project is a mission-driven business that aims to champion play in all its forms, anywhere and everywhere. We make, sell and distribute products and services to enable play around the world, especially for those living in the harshest environments where play is nearly non-existent. The company is a B Corporation, harnessing the power of business for social good. Collaborating with sponsors, organizations and individuals, One World Play Project has brought the power of play to more than 48 million youth in over 175 countries worldwide.
Chevrolet is an official sponsor of One World Play Project. Together, the partners will donate 2 million Chevrolet-branded One World Futbols by the end of 2018, bringing the power of play to an estimated 60 million youth around the world.
One World Play Project is headquartered in Berkeley, CA with distribution centers in Fremont, CA and Voerde, Germany. For more information, visit www.oneworldplayproject.com or check out our community on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
# # #