What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an update to current European privacy laws around data protection in the European Union (EU). The GDPR takes effect May 25, 2018 and seeks to provide consistent rules to protect data privacy for citizens of the EU.
How is One World Play Project meeting the GDPR requirements?
One World Play Project is committed to protecting the privacy and data of all our customers, partners and supporters.
In compliance with the new GDPR rules, we will:
- Seek explicit consent from our customers and supporters in the EU for use and storage of personal data for marketing and business transaction purposes.
- Provide a “cookie notice” on our site to alert visitors that cookie technology is being used on our website. Individuals can always choose to opt out of accepting cookies (or block cookies in general through their web browser).
- Be transparent about what data we collect and how we use it.
- Provide an avenue through which individuals can request that we update, delete or provide access to their data.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
One World Play Project collects personal information that is needed to use our website, sign up for newsletters, purchase products, respond to inquiries and conduct business transactions.
This information could include:
- full name
- email address
- physical address
- phone number
- payment information
- VAT or other tax ID number
- IP address
- other information needed for business transactions
We may also collect user-generated content such as testimonials, photos and video, provided by you directly to us through email, social media or other channels. If the content is not already considered public for our use (e.g., by posting directly on One World Play Project’s social channels or by tagging us in the content on your social channels), we will seek permission from you prior to using or sharing your content.
How do we use your data?
One World Play Project uses this data in a few different ways:
- To correspond with you for customer service purposes and to respond to inquiries
- To improve and enhance customer experience on our website and with our products and services
- To send email updates, notices and newsletters
- To fulfill business transactions such as purchases, contracts, service agreements, invoices, etc.
- To market to you directly or through a third-party advertising service or platform
- To comply with legal and business regulations and guidelines
One World Play Project only stores information that is needed for the uses mentioned above and only for as long as is needed to implement those uses or as dictated by legal or business guidelines. You may request that we update, delete or provide you with your information at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You control your data
Under the GDPR rules, you have the option to request that One World Play Project update, delete and/or provide you with any personal data we have collected about you. Simply send us an email to email@example.com, and we will be happy to answer any questions or provide you with the information you are requesting.